Friday, June 26, 2009

Past, Present, and Future

The past is gone, it can't be changed

The future has not come, and once it does it becomes the past

The only thing that matters is the present and what we do in each moment

The only thing we have control of is the present...

I really started thinking about this last night. I was going through my mind of all the things I needed to get done. In a sense it was kind of a waste of time, as I was wasting the time that I actually had to do something with. There is no point dwelling on the past, it is gone, over. We made whatever decision we made for a reason, even if we happened to not like the outcome. I have no regrets, I have learned little lessons from all that I have experienced. As for the future... Well I could plan and plan away but it still will not change the present. Anything can happen, sometimes our plans go as we like and sometimes not... It doesn't matter, usually our choices are never sooo extreme that they will totally end our existence. That is what re-incarnation is for right? Just in case we do something really stupid "in the moment". I guess I just wanted to share that we should all try to live in the moment more and not dwell on past memories/situations. And that even though we need to sometimes plan things in advance... leave the living for now! I know myself I am tired of saying "I want this and I want that".... Who cares!! If I am happy now and all my "now's" I strive to be happy then all my pasts and futures will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment